The MCAT/MDCAT (Medical & Dental College Admission Test) is an exam based on MCQ’s, an essential requirement to be met by pre-medical students in order to seek admission in medical and dental colleges.
The MCAT/MDCAT standardized test is designed to assess your command over basic concepts of Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English), critical thinking and problem solving skills. MCAT/MDCAT preparatory course trains the mind to make educated guesses and to maximize chances to pick correct answers. Every year UHS (University of Health Sciences) is responsible for organizing the MCAT/MDCAT for all the public sector medical colleges of Punjab.
|Subjects||No. of MCQs(220)||Types of MCQs||Time allowed|
2.5 Hrs/150 Mins
|Biology||88||Memory Analysis Application||–|
|Chemistry||58||Memory Analysis Application||–|
|Physics||44||Memory Analysis Application||–|
|English||30||Sentence completion (4 MCQs)|
- Applicants must have a minimum score of 660/1100 marks in F.sc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination (excluding the marks of Hafiz-e-Quran).
- Candidates having qualification equivalent to intermediate (Pre-Medical) are eligible to apply for admission. The equivalence of qualification is determined by Inter Board Committee of Chairman, Islamabad(IBCC).
- Applicants from Northern Areas seeking admission in MBBS/BDS shall undertake Entry Test of Punjab.
- In accordance with the regulations of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, there is no maximum or minimum age limit for appearance in Entrance Test.
- Twenty marks will be added for being a Hafiz-e-Quran, subjected to verification by a committee constituted by the Board.
- According to marks of F.Sc and Entry-Test, whenever two or more candidates are bracketed, the one senior in age will be given preference to the other for the purpose of admission.
- The final merit list will be calculated as under:
- Entry Test Marks: 50 %
- Adjusted marks in F.Sc / Equivalent examination : 40 %
- Marks in Matric:10 %