STEP offers entry test preparation for LUMS (SAT-I, S.S.E) for students. LUMS has four schools which offer undergraduate programs in following disciplines:
- Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB)
(i) Accounting & finance (ii) Management sciences
- Mushtaq Ahmad Gurmani School of Humanities & Social Sciences(MGSHSS)
(i) Economics (ii) Politics & Economics (iii) (iv)Anthropology/Sociology (v) Political science (vi) Economics & Mathematics (vii) English (viii) History
- Shaikh Ahmad Hassan School of Law (SAHSOL)
(i) Law & Policy
- Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE)
(i) Biology (ii) Chemistry (iii) Chemical Engineering (iv) Computer Science (v) Electrical Engineering (vi) Mathematics (vii) Physics
Students are selected for admission to LUMS Undergraduate Programs based on the following factors:
- Academic Background
- Performance in the Admission Test
- Submission of a completed application form and supporting documents
- Interview (if called)
Admission in a specific school is based on merit and the availability of seats.
Successful completion of Matric with at least 70% marks or above
FA (Part-1) with 65% marks or above/ FSc (Part-1)/ICS (Part-1)/ICOM (Part-1) with 70% marks or above.
O’ Levels* results (in at least 8 subjects) with an average grade of at least ‘B’ in all subjects attempted
New SAT (with Essay) is mandatory for all applicants applying to the Local Applicants
Applicants residing in Pakistan must take the following two (2) Admission tests in order to be considered for Fall 2018 admission. New SAT (with Essay); and LUMS SBASSE Subject Test.
LUMS SBASSE Subject Test
In addition to New SAT (with Essay), subject knowledge in the area of Biology, Physics, Advanced Mathematics & Chemistry will also be evaluated through this test.
Questions are designed to explore knowledge and skills acquired over a period of time.
The test is designed to compare candidates with different academic backgrounds.
Difficulty Level: Admission Test is designed to determine the intellectual abilities of test takers.
Questions will be at a difficulty level appropriate for students in the final year of A’ Levels/FSc./IB/HSD.
They are typically Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs), similar to the pattern used in SAT.
LUMS SBASSE Subject Test is approximately two (2) hours long.
Calculators are not allowed during Admission Test.
Applicants residing outside Pakistan and currently studying or having completed their last year of schooling abroad are required to submit official results of the New SAT (with Essay) and at least 3 of the 4 SAT subject tests listed below:
- Mathematics II-C
- LUMS will only accept scores of the New SAT for the Undergraduate admissions.
- SAT Subject test(s) taken more than two years before the admission deadline will not be considered valid.
- While registering for SAT, applicants must use the same name which is mentioned on the LUMS Admission application and other academic credentials. Using a different name may prevent your scores from matching the rest of your application in our database.
- Applicants are required to report test scores of all attempts to the University by submitting a copy of score report(s). Best score of a single attempt will be considered for application evaluation.